Volusion Order Imports
Importing Orders for Volusion
In order for Zonos to import orders into the Volusion backend of your site, Zonos will need you to:
Create a Zonos admin account
Before you can get the Volusion API URL, you need to make a Zonos admin account.
Volusion requires the password for an admin account to be changed at least every 90 days.
This causes an issue with importing international orders, because the Volusion API URL has the account’s password encrypted in the URL. Zonos saves off this URL to use for importing; when the admin account password gets changed, Zonos no longer has access to import orders.
To get around this issue, Zonos requires you to create a Zonos admin account that you just make once and would not require you to log in. Make sure your password is secure.
- Hover over the drop-down menu, then click on Customers > Administrators.
- Click on the Add button in the top-right corner.
- Fill out the Basic Customer Info form, as shown above.
- First Name: input “Zonos”
- Second Name: input “Imports”
- Company Name: input “Zonos”
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enter a secure password.
- Save the new customer.
- Once you save the customer, the ID number will be added. Under the Access Key, there will be a blue link for editing user access.
- Click on the blue link: Edit Cust#ID Access Rules.
- The Zonos account needs the following access rules:
- Shipping Methods
- Send Zonos the account ID number.
Generate the Volusion API URL
- Sign in to your Zonos account that you just created.
- Hover over the Inventory drop-down menu, then click on Import/Export.
- Click on the Volusion API tab.
- Next, click on the blue RUN button next to Generic\Orders.
- Next, click on the blue RUN button at the top-right corner.
- A Volusion API URL will be generated. Give this URL to Zonos.
Note: Before sending the API URL to Zonos, make sure the email in the URL has the email: email@example.com. If it does not, then sign out and sign in again to the Zonos admin account, and redo the steps for generating the Volusion API URL.