Zonos Landed Cost for Shopify
Shopify Duty and Tax Calculator App
The Zonos Shopify Duty and Tax Calculator App (Public) is a quick and easy way to give your international customers a full landed cost inside your Shopify checkout. With the app, you can show the carrier and service levels of your choice with all of the duties, taxes, and brokerage fees included at time of checkout. Zonos handles the shipping calculations as well giving you added flexibility with your international shipping options. The Duty and Tax Calculator App allows you to:
- Enhance your international customer’s experience by removing the “unknown” of additional fees at the time your package arrives
- Reduce the amount of package refusal due to unexpected fees
- Increase delivery time and reduce delays due to carriers and brokers needing additional monies for duties and taxes.
- Set up custom shipping rates and rules that may not be available through your current Shopify store.
Set up is quick and you can be up and running in a few hours. If your looking for a more robust solution to include, currency conversion, checkout translation, consolidated screening, fraud protection and more, checkout our Shopify Hosted Checkout solution.
This app requires a Shopify plan with real-time carrier shipping.
Duties, taxes, and brokerage fees are all inclusive in the shipping cost. They are not broken out separately. Shipping calculations are handled by Zonos and will use your carriers rates and rules that you set. Any shipping rules set inside Shopify will not apply.
Promo codes and gift cards will function the same but any “free” shipping promotions will also remove any duty and tax amount from the shipping option as well.
Some carriers may not offer a “DDP” (duties and taxes prepaid) solution. Those service levels can still be shown in the checkout and recommended to do so, but will not show as “duty and taxes included”.
Zonos Landed Cost for Shopify Checkout Installation
Zonos Landed Cost for Shopify Checkout is a public app and is available on the Shopify App store. Follow the instructions below or those found in the app itself once the extension has been downloaded.
- Set-up your Zonos store inside https://app.zonos.com/#/settings/dashboard with the login information that was sent after sign up.
- Go to https://apps.shopify.com/duty-and-tax-calculator-iglobal-stores to download the app.
- Accept the $99 / mo charge that will be billed direct to your Shopify account (a 1.9% transaction charge will be assessed on all international orders and charged to you direct from Zonos).
- Enter the Store ID and API Key found here
- Enable “Zonos” for your Rest of World shipping carrier.
Note: If “force duty and tax” is not selected in app.zonos, your customers will have the option of both shipping without duties and taxes paid and having those included in the shipping total. Example shown below: