You have an item that your customer was interested in buying, so don’t let them forget about it!
Zonos’ cross-border abandoned cart feature allows you to send delayed emails to international customers who were in your checkout. This gives you the opportunity to recover the order with a link to their cart and the option to offer a discount.
Cross-border abandoned cart
Save time and marketing dollars with our no-brainer, hands-off, cross-border abandoned cart feature.
Reconnect with customers that reach your international checkout but do not complete their order. You can do this by sending them an automated email that contains a list of what they had in their cart, a button to complete their purchase, and (if you choose) an enticing discount offer. Discounts may be applied to the cart total or on shipping only.
Why use Zonos for abandoned cart recovery
Unlike others, Zonos’ abandoned cart recovery is specifically developed for international ecommerce.
- 37% of emails are not sent in English.
- The recovery email is translated into 18 different languages. Considering you are now talking to international customers, you need to be speaking their language.
- Resolve their number one concern - shipping costs.
- Discount their shipping cost and…
- Show local currency.
- The cart total is displayed in the shopper’s local currency, helping them feel confident in their purchase decision.
- Fields are pre-populated.
- The cart is pre-populated (name, email, & address), making it easy to check out and complete their order.
Increase conversion with cart recovery
Zonos merchants that turn on the abandoned cart feature typically see:
- A 3-5% increase in sales when no discount is offered
- A notable 8-10% increase when offering a discount
When your customer clicks the link in the email, they will be taken to their original cart with all their info pre-populated for them, making it easy to check out and complete their order.
The ability to offer a shipping discount is a huge win as shipping costs are generally the number one concern for international shoppers. All emails are translated to the shopper’s language and the totals/item amounts are displayed in the shopper’s currency; overall, these localized touches elevate the shopper’s confidence in their purchase decision.
How abandoned cart recovery works
Zonos cart recovery emails are delayed by your choice of hours; our default setting is 4 hours after a cart is abandoned. Our standard email template adds your logo to the top of a clean and simple email. Customizations are also available upon request.
Getting set up
Details for setting up your abandoned cart emails can be found here
Try offering your customer a shipping discount for abandoned cart recovery to increase the likelihood that they will return to purchase items initially left in their cart.