Shipment rating setup
Configure shipment rating
Learn how to use Zonos to calculate your international shipping rates.
Calculating international shipping is complex.
You can use Zonos to calculate your international shipping rates for express carriers, postal carriers, or freight (LTL). Zonos supports UPS, FedEx, DHL, or USPS negotiated or book rates via their API.
Alternatively, you can create custom rates, flat rates, build rate charts, or adjust negotiated rates in Zonos Dashboard.
Connect UPS, FedEx, DHL, or USPS
You can connect your UPS, FedEx, DHL, or USPS to Zonos and pull your negotiated shipping rates into the Landed Cost.
Once connected, you’ll be able to choose each carrier’s specific service level for your shipping zone. You can also remove or modify specific carrier fees, add buffers, and modify service level names and delivery times once the carrier account is set up.
Below are instructions on how to connect your carrier.
- Go to Settings at the bottom of the sidebar.
- Under Shipping, click on Shipping settings.
- Click Connect carrier account.
- Select the carrier account you want to enable.
- Complete the requested fields.
- Once you’re ready, click Save.
What you need from your carrier
Each carrier setup is different and will require specific information to set them up. Without this information, you will not be able to connect to your negotiated rates with your carrier.
- A recent UPS invoice
- Account number
- Customer number
Click here to get FedEx instructions for carrier integration registration.
- Site ID
- Production password
- Payment account number
Click here to get DHL instructions for carrier integration registration.
- Payment account number
Customize the calculated rates
Once you have the initial carrier setup completed, you can modify carrier fees and add flat rate or percentage buffers for that specific carrier in Dashboard.
Follow the steps below using Dashboard to make those changes.
- Go to Settings > Shipping settings, and select the carrier you want to modify.
- Select the carrier fees you’ve waived (Zonos defaults to including all applicable carrier fees) or add any percentage or flat rate buffer you want added to that carrier’s specific service level.
Adjusting service levels
Once you have a specific carrier enabled, you will see a list of available service levels available from that API. You can modify the display name for those service levels and choose to show (or modify) the transit times.
Follow the steps below to do this.
- Go to Settings > Shipping settings, and select the carrier whose service level(s) you want to modify.
- Go to the Service levels section, and choose the service level you want to modify.
- You can modify the display name, choose to show the transit time, or change the default transit times.
- When you’re finished, click Save.
Flat rate shipping - Create custom flat rate shipping rules based on cart subtotal and/or weight.
Create shipping zones - Manage shipping profiles, rules, and rates by country.
Landed Cost setup - If you haven’t already, learn how to use Dashboard to adjust landed cost calculations.
Is Zonos tied to specific carriers?
No, we are a carrier-agnostic solution and will support any carrier you are using.
What if I’m using a carrier other than UPS, FedEx, DHL, and USPS?
We can help you with that. Please contact your Customer Success rep for assistance.